F.A.Q. - Jewelry
What do the wood and stone options look like?
All wood options are 100% natural and untreated! I use a variety of stones for stud and dangle earrings, many listed below.
Stone Options for Stud Earrings
(N) - Natural
(D) - Dyed
Surprise Me! - Stones that I have collected but don't have enough to offer as a regular stone option
Stone Options for Dangle Earrings
Since I have a large variety of stone options for dangle earrings, options are based on color preference and stone(s) will be selected based on the earring design selected. I carry a number of natural stones, recycled glass (which looks like sea glass), and Czech glass beads.
Primary stone color selection indicates your choice of color for the main stone on your earrings. The "No Stone" selection indicates that you would like the design that does not include stones. I often like to include a secondary, smaller stone in my jewelry to accompany the primary stone, which is available on select jewelry pieces if you would like a secondary stone.
If you have a specific stone you are interested in or you see a stone you would like within the image, please send me an email with your request!
What materials do you use for earring French hooks and stud posts?
French hook material options for dangle earrings:
- Surgical Steel: 316L grade surgical stainless steel.
- Titanium: Grade 1, ASTM F67 unalloyed titanium. Titanium is the best material for sensitive skin and is free of other elements that cause skin irritation and allergic reactions. It is very rare for an individual to have a titanium allergy.
- Sterling Silver: 925 sterling silver, or, gold plated 925 sterling silver.
- Metal Free: Medical grade PC plastic. Light-weight cord is used in lieu of jump rings. By request only (no extra charge). Please request in the comments upon checkout.
Stud post material options for stud earrings:
- Stainless Steel.
- Titanium: Grade 1, ASTM F67 unalloyed titanium.
- Metal Free: Acrylic. By request only (no extra charge). Please request in the comments upon checkout.
* If you have a history of skin irritation from wearing earrings, I would recommend choosing Titanium since it is the best material for sensitive skin and is free of other elements that cause skin irritation and allergic reactions. It is very rare for an individual to have a titanium allergy.
Pendants all come with your choice of chain or waxed cord. Select the 100% metal free option if you'd like a waxed cord directly attached to your pendant using a lark's head knot in lieu of a metal jump ring.
Caring for your hardwood jewelry
Since your hardwood jewelry is natural untreated wood, please do not sleep, exercise, or shower with your jewelry. Exposure to moisture may cause the wood to expand and separate from the attached stone. If damage is done to your jewelry, please do not hesitate to contact me through the contacts tab or email (email@example.com) and I will be happy to repair your jewelry.
May I request a particular stone?
If you have a particular stone in mind, please do not hesitate to contact me about your request and I may have the stone on hand!
May I request a different wood color?
If you'd like a particular color of wood (red, green, blue, tie-dye, etc.) please indicate your preference in the "Add a Note" section in your cart, just before checking out. I use a water-based dye on maple wood to create color.
How long after I order will you ship?
Your order will be shipped between 1-5 days after it is placed. You will receive an email notification once shipped.
What is your policy if my jewelry breaks?
Every single design and species of wood used to make jewelry are put through durability and break tests to make sure that they are structurally sound and will withstand an acceptable level of wear over time. However, breaks happen! If your piece needs to be repaired, please contact me and I am more than happy to cover shipping for the return of your original piece, and send a free replacement.